Thursday, June 24, 2010

We at the Farm welcome ~ Rockie



Hi all
So all the sadness is at bay, and life goes on at the farm. The days are beautiful, with has given me the chance to go walking again with the dogs and just enjoying nature. I have been having such lovely walks, looking at all the different plants and the rock formations, it is amazing. I can be walking and see the most beautiful rock, and i would sit down looking at it thinking God really did a good job with his paint brush on this one. Then i would walk more and find lots more and think no, this it more beautiful.
Today was Soxs the dogs birthday ~ He is 2, so i spoilt them with nice bones and a nice swim in the dam. Played with them by throwing a ball into the water and they thought it was Christmas. Jade got a present today from my friend June that has the local farm shop. A bantam Leghorn Rooster for Molly and Polly the bantam girls. He is so so handsome, and so prim and proper. I wanted to name him Lucky but Olly my hubby says he looks to strong and needed to be named Rockie after the boxer movie, so there you go, WELCOME Rockie. Will get a photo in as soon as i can, get him to stand still, and she is so happy to have two girlfriends he thinks he is cheese. Ricky the big rooster was not to happy but they are buddies now and are next to each other all the time.
Oh and great news i might be becoming a granny soon. Lady is broody and sitting on eggs. Just imagine that. Man i will be so proud, and with guard them with my life as i am not going to loose anymore feathered friends and it hurts to much. To you all the countdown has begun, lets see what happens in 21 days...Yippeeeee ( Hold thumbs please)
Well i am better today after a good nights sleep. My batteries are charged and i am ready to take on the world. Going to put a photo or two on of Jade, so that Fran can see her. And of course so that my family can see her too.
Have a great evening and hold thumbs i sleep.
Chat soon
And thanks
God Bless
Love Hannelore

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good!
    I have read your post Hannelore. I don't have so much time to answer at this moment. I will come back tomorrow!
    I'm here my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hannelore
    Sorry that I couldn't answer yesterday, but when I prepare a text it takes a while (longer than when you would need) because I have to control my spelling, conjugations and especially my vocabulary because one single word can mean so manny different things.
    So excuse me if my English sounds (I hope only so now and then) ridiculous. It's sometimes not easy to find the correct word. So if I use the wrong word, know that it wasn't my intention.
    How good to hear that your batteries are charged and you're ready to take on the world. That's the best way to deal with it. Put on you boxing gloves girl!
    Jade seems to be a sweet girl Hannelore. I hope for you that she will get over her sleeping problems very soon. Actually, how does she behave during the day. Is she calm or has she mood fluctuations. I hope you have someone who can advise and help you how to handle your little girl. It isn't simple how to tackle her problems. I'm sure you will do what's best for her and that costs sometimes a lot of efforts, but don't forget to think on yourself so now and then. Take the time to spoil yourself from time to time. It's important that you stay healthy of body and mind.
    Hey it's good that you have a new feathered friend. Yes: Rockie sounds good for a proud rooster.
    Try to be there within 21 days when the chicks hatches! I was there when Pipke hashed, if I hadn't found her at that moment she would not have lived. I stood there while she cracked her egg in her abandoned nest. It was so beautiful to see! It was the best that could happen to me.
    I will keep my thumbs up for you, Jade, Olly, your feathered friends and the little chicks!
    Have a great day and try to enjoy life!
    Big hug
    Fran

    PS: this is still something I want to share with you. This is Pipke's Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/caplimbor
    Maybe you can show it to Jade. I'm sure she will love it!
    See you!:)

    ReplyDelete