Friday, June 11, 2010

My sick hen - ouma


Hi all
So here i sit and have been handling a sick hen for the last 2 days. My poor little girl has lice and she did not look to good. I must say it took a lot of phoning to find out what was wrong. Lucky for me i caught her and saw it. SO off i went to town to get medicine and all that so that i could help my girl. Someone gave me advice to put vaseline on it and it kills the lice. So there i sat applying it and sitting with a tweezer taking off the poor lice. Well after all the meds and tweezing she is still around. I also gave her aloe juice, as they say that help alot. I was so worried, and would run out onto the stoep and stand there wondering if i would find a died hen or not. So far so good. She is walking around, but you can see she is still not feeling well. I get to pick her up not and sit with her, and then i check how things are going. Glad to say the lice are dead, but my girl is not feeling to hot yet. They say she is going to feel bad for a few days, so i will be watching her, and still be cuddling her and chatting away. Hold thumbs for my girl, because i think after we have beaten this, i have a friend for life. She sits so quietly on my lap, and i do hope and pray that she gets well.
Furthermore it is cold here, but that dies not bother me as i jump into my gumboots and off i am to my feathered friends. Ducklings are getting cuter by the day. they have found the chicken coop and now see that there is food in now too, so they go pinch some there and then run back to the pond. Oh how great it is to have feathered friends that enjoy the simple things in life. When all they need and want tender loving care and you around. Man life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh, lice can be very nasty, they suck out blood and that's why she's not feeling well. I hope those lice will stay away.
    I hope that your friends will also become very close to you.. When all they need and want tender loving care and you around, and they give you so much more in return. Have still a good afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to add: Of course I hold thumbs for your girl. Beautiful new layout. It's really appropriate for your farm
    Cute ducks on your profile!

    ReplyDelete