Friday, June 18, 2010

The sun is out and all are happy!



Hi All
Well the sun at last stuck out it's head today, and i must stay it was great. I worked in the garden, the chickens thought it was Christmas and the geese sat sleeping in the warm sun.My plants were clapping hands and i am sure if you look close you see them growing. Had to get all the washing done, so that is finished. So glad as i hate doing it. The warthogs on the farm are also happy the sun is out and they came to drink water at the top dam today with the babies, the Oribi buck sat on the other side of the farm, in the sun eating and checking out what is going on on this side. NOt much news just that ouma was in the yard with the others today. Like every women all the other hens were around her looking if she was ok, and that she was never lonely. Ricky needs a good talking to, as once again today he has no respect for the sick and want to do the deed. I now have a squirt can that stays on the stoep and if he tries anything or even puts his foot in my rock garden i squirt him. But do you for one moment think he cares. He really is like a teenager. Sox the dog had a sore eye last night and it was swollen shut, but i must say he is ok today after me and daddy put in eye drops into our big boys eyes. They had a swim in the dam today and really had a jol. Well time for me to go, some feathered friends need feeding, dogs need food and i need another extra 2 hours in the day as i feel it to short.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading this.
All my love Hannelore

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hannelore, It's good to hear that all's going well there. As you know my native language isn't English, and also I'm not familiar with the animals that live in your surroundings. Therefore I want to ask you: can you tell me what kind of animal an Oribi is?
    I assume it's a kind of deer because you use the word “buck”, or aim I wrong.

    Have still a wonderful Sunday and enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran
    Yes it is a type of buck that is going extinct in South Africa, and are being hunted. I am no fan of hunting so every time i hear shots i pray that they come to our farm. They are beautiful animals. I will try find a photo for you and send it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often run on the countryside and so now and than I encounter hunters. Guess what I do then: I start to shout to warn the animals, oh that makes them furious. If they have the right to shoot then I have the right to shout.

    ReplyDelete