Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thanks Fran


Hi Fran
Thanks for following this blog. I bonded with my chickens by sitting with them and chatting. I know it may sound weird, but it works like a bomb. With my geese i am also sitting there chatting away, talking about this and that, and they stand and listen. Or they might be thinking this human is mad. But they are getting used to my voice and now every morning, when i go out to say good morning, they come walking up as to say "Morning Mom what you got as a snack for me"
Today was a lazy day as once again Jade decided to go to bed in the early morning hours and i am tired once again. But i was up and ready for the day, although i really felt like my age was getting to me and that i needed to start taking a vitamin tablet as a kick start. Little ones were sleeping again and the geese followed me around begging for their snack. The chickens were not let out yet and they were already dancing in front of the door as if to say hey Mom we here, and need to get out.
It's a lazy Sunday, and i have not much power to do much. Hubby cooking a nice lunch and i had to once again go and fix my rock garden and Ricky and the girls had a sand bath in my garden. I was really cross and told Ricky to be careful he does not become next Sundays lunch. I would never do it, but i think he got the message. Now sitting trying to work out how to make a little fence to keep them out, so that my plants can at least start rooting again.
Sitting waiting for Lady to lay another egg as i need another so i can bake that cake i so feel like, but by this afternoon at 4 it should be there.
Can't wait for Mondays as then all the action starts and there is work done around the farm. I get my time off when Jade's caregiver is back and i get to go exploring and working outside. I have done all the washing so that means a hour more for me...Yipeeeeeeee. Well i hope you have had a great weekend and hope the week treats you well. I for sure have lots to plan and do this week, and can't wait to start.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Annelore but I've deleted my earlier comment because I discovered that I made a mistake. Actually I understood that Jade was a boy, but after I read the text more thoroughly I see that it's a girl.
    This post is a real honor for me Annelore.
    I thank you for taking the time to answer my first comment.
What a busy days you must have with all the little critters at your farm but especially your little Jade will need at lot of attention. It's good for you that have a caregiver, so you will have it a little easier. It's good that Jade has so many animal friends around her, I'm sure she enjoys them very much. 
Ha ha, I'm sure you can talk already “Quacks”. It's amazing how much animals can understand just by the tone of your voice. Your conversation must have sounded funny, I would have heard it!
 This is a lovely picture of your ducklings.
    I had a white crested duck, her name was Pipke. She died almost 9 months ago, since then our days are very empty. We do miss her very much, but we now have her beautiful memories.
    Cherish the time that you can share with your little critters! Time passes much too quick!
    Well, I also hope hope the week treats you well, Annelore.
    I think we share the same world clock, so I wish you still a very nice and lazy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fran. SO sad that you lost your little Princess, as i know how quick they creep into your heart. Oh Jade now start laughing at the ducks and geese when she hears them. She loves animals and enjoys the different sounds and i think it is good for her to as they say animals have a special bond with special needs kids. Have a great day and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hannelore, please read my mail from Juli 23 2012!
    I hope that all goes well with you and little Jade!
    Hugs
    Fran

    ReplyDelete