Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sad day on the farm!

Hi all
Well today did not start very well. I was woken up my my husband saying to please come to the stoep ( veranda ). And as i walked out there lay Snowflake one of my geese, dead. What actually happened i do not know, but Olly my husband said, he was watching them and as he walked back into the house he heard them do the normal morning call and run, and the next minute she lay there dead. Man did i cry! You must have done something, as her neck was broken.
After all the tears i know now she is flying happily in heaven happy to be free and eating all the good food my parents and parents -in-law are giving her. She will be missed.
Furthermore i have ouma the hen in my hospital in the garage, as Ricky the Rooster has no respect for the sick and wants to do the deed with her even if she is not well. He lay on her so bad she was laying on the ground. I must be honest when i say i don't know if she is going to make it, but she at least eats and drinks, but not much.
Did some gardening today, as i got wonderful new plants from friends. Two different type of aloes, so hope they get growing.
We have be blessed with wonderful rain, and as i sit and type here it is coming down.
Well i hope all is going to go well in tomorrows week and that all will be happy and healthy.
Have a great week
Love
Hannelore

1 comment:

  1. How sad Hannelore, but better so than that you see them deteriorate days on end don't you think (that happened with Pipke). You said: She must have done something, as her neck was broken. Do you think her neck was broken, could you see something abnormal on her neck? If this was the case then she died a very quick dead without pain.
    It's good that you separated ouma so she can get some rest.
    Have a great week too!:)
    PS: I discovered that the times before I've written your name wrong but that's how we spell it in Dutch. Sorry!:)
    Take care

    ReplyDelete