Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh what a great Father's day i had ~ Ha Ha Ha Ha

Hi all
So it was fathers day here today and we as a family decided to go out for the day and see what's going on at the Grahamstown Festival. It was great! Jade was in the wheelchair so i did not have to carry her, and she enjoyed the ride. Loved all the crafts and things for sale and did get me a cast iron warthog for the house and i think he is beautiful. Will take a photo. I know my husband was the man of the hour but man i enjoyed myself so much. I then asked my hubby to take another route to the farm, with the plan of taking out plants that grow wild for the garden. I came back with a bakkie load of plants. Got about 25 Aloes which i started planting along the house fence, so that by next year the yard will have beautiful orange border and beautiful aloes. Then i got cacti that stands about a meter high, and i must laugh ( sorry ) but my poor husband has a few thorns in this arm. Then i got an aloe type plant that grows like a climber and also makes these orange flowers. Man although it is my birthday tomorrow i can't wait to start planting.i never used to have a love for gardening but now i am addicted. It is so calming and relaxing and seeing the plants you have planted grow is to me a wonder. tomorrow when i am finished planting and all that i will take a photo of all the different plants i got and show you. I am living in a natural nursery here and tomorrow after tea time i am taking the bakkie and going to hunt for more. Chat tomorrow and hope to show you all i have done.
Chat soon
Love
Hannelore

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannelore,
    a “bakkie” load of plants, very funny! This sounds almost like Dutch. Does it mean a “box”, can't find a translation for it. We use the word: “bakje” for a little box.
    I'm curious to see the pictures of the plants and of course also of the buck.
    Have a wonderful and happy birthday tomorrow. :)
    May the best of your past be the worst of your future!
    Big hug
    Fran

    ReplyDelete