Saturday, July 3, 2010

Started a new project!

Started a new project today. I started doing Hypertufa. It is when you take peat which is a type of moss compost, mix that with cement and sand and you can make rock looking types of pots.My first one is a big pot for a tree on the stoep, then a smaller one and then a even smaller one. So let see what happens when it is cured and finished.
Still no sleep, it has been 12 days of 4 to 5 hours sleep and i am dead on my feet. I do not know what is Jade's problem and so need some sleep. Tonight is the night that i medicate her to sleep so that i can at least get more hours in. I am so tired. Went for a walk the other day, after another bad night just to get some fresh air and to get away from the house, and i then realised while i was walking in a spot that i always go that i just do not have the energy to do it. The body is not the same when you are tired, the mind wants to shut down but the brain and your daughter says no you can't. Met a snake on that day and i got such a fright i went cold. It was a long boom slang. And just minutes before i met it laying on a hot rock, i said to myself, man i am lucky that i have not come face to face with a snake yet. Well the devil was right there and sent one just to wake me up.
Lady is still on the eggs and the others are having a ball in the yard. The geese are getting more tame and when they see me they come up close and i sit down and chat and they look at me with their blues eyes as to say yes we understand.
Olly my hubby built a shed this week and i must say it looks good. Had our first visit from a neighbouring farmer and he is really nice. Gave Olly lots of advice.
I am now working on a plan to get more chickens ( hens ) but have to get around my hubby. But i know i will and will get some soon. Oh well time to go, enjoy your Saturday afternoon and think of me when you go to sleep. If you have extra sleep on hand send some this way please!!!!!!!
All my love
Hannelore

1 comment:

  1. Because I didn't know what Hypertuffa was I looked it up on Wikipedia Hannelore, and this I discovered: “Hypertufa is an anthropic rock made from various aggregates bonded together using Portland cement.
    Hypertufa is intended as a manufactured substitute for natural tufa, which is a slowly precipitated limestone rock; being very porous, it is favorable for plant growth”. There's a lot more (even the recipe to make it) but probably you know it already, and so I've learned again something new. Ha ha, never too old to learn they say! :)
    A “boom slang”: that also sounds Dutch. Maybe in English they say: tree snake!
    Probably they are poisonous, I mustn't think to encounter such one.
    You really must feel exhausted after so many nights without a good night's rest girl, I really have to do with you. If it would be possible I would share my sleep with you Hannelore, I wished I could help you but I'm so far away. Maybe it helps to know that – far away is someone thinking of you -- someone who wishes you all the best and many good nights!
    Enjoy your Saturday evening and have a good, warm and quiet Sunday!
    Big hug
    Fran

    ReplyDelete